Registration starts December 1st.
We hope you'll plan to join us for the first Desert Spring contra dance weekend, the weekend of April 27, 28, & 29, 2018 in Mesa, Arizona, in the metro Phoenix area. Come party with us southwestern style as we celebrate traditional music and dance in the Valley of Sun in Arizona.
In addition to our central program of mostly contras in the main hall, tentative plans for the weekend include:
- workshops on a variety of music, dance and other topics for dancers and musicians
- lunch on Saturday and a variety of snacks throughout the weekend
- a raffle featuring crafts, goodie baskets, certificates for dance weekends, and other items
- a clothing exchange.
The weekend will be held in an RV resort in Mesa Arizona, 30 minutes from the Phoenix Sky Harbor airport. The area has much to offer- nature, art, outdoor recreation (hiking, biking, etc.), and history. The RV resort has a swimming pool, hot tub, and other amenities for dancers that stay in units on site. You may be tempted to spend a few extra days in the area before or after the weekend, so be sure to investigate the possibilities before you come.
Additional details about the weekend are being posted on this website as they get finalized.
- Available housing units on-site. The units are small RV units or modular homes, most with one bedroom. Check the housing page for more info.
- Facebook page to connect on getting rides, sharing rooms or campsites, and get the latest info on the weekend.
This event is sponsored by Dance in AZ, an affiliate of the Country Dance and Song Society, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Desert Spring is the re-vamp of May Madness in the Phoenix area.