We are excited to be offering a full contra dance weekend in the metro Phoenix area. The Monte Vista resort has some housing available on site, mostly privately owned modular homes, and RV spaces with hookups. There are numerous hotels within a 5 mile radius of the resort, plus a county park and a state park within 15-25 minutes with camping and RV sites. There are also opportunities to be housed with local dancers.
The Monte Vista RV resort is a senior RV resort with over 800 units. The units are either small 1-2 bedroom modular homes (the type you might see on the highway in 2 pieces), or RV spaces / RV units. The homes and RV units are privately owned, and Monte Vista owns a few modular homes. We have been told by Monte Vista staff that some homeowners may be willing to rent their unit for a weekend.
Those staying in a home or RV space on-site will have full access to all the resorts amenities including the swimming pool, whirlpool/spa/hot tub, tennis court, business center, and library. Monte Vista’s RV spaces include full hook ups. Tent camping isn’t allowed on-site. Go to the Monte Vista Resort website for more info. montevistaresort.com, or call 480-833-2223.
For more info on renting a
- Privately owned home, contact: Bob Chasan at email@example.com.
Please be sure to put "Desert Spring Contra" in the subject line of your email.
- Homes owned by Monte Vista, contact: Kathie at 480-833-2223. Request to rent a unit for the April Contra Dance.
As of mid-February, there haven’t been any private owners that have indicated they are interested in renting their unit for a weekend at the end of April. If you are interested in staying in a private home on-site, you may want to occasionally check with the contact person above.
Parks with Camping and RV Sites
Usery Mountain Regional Park, 15 minutes from the hall. maricopacountyparks.org/usery
Lost Dutchman State Park, 25 minutes from the hall. azstateparks.com/lost-Dutchman/
Housing with Local Dancers
Dancers from outside the Phoenix area that would like to be housed with a local dancer are encouraged to directly contact dancers they know.
Or dancers can request help with getting housing through Desert Spring. When registering for the weekend, click the button to request housing with a local dancer. Once your registration has been completed, our housing coordinator will follow up with you on your request. Please note the following:
- Housing requests will not be finalized until about 3 weeks before the weekend.
- Most local dancers live 20 - 50 min from the hall.
Hotels and Motels
- Below are a sample of the hotels and motels nearby, there are additional hotels/motels in the area:
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Mesa, AZ, 3 miles away
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Mesa Superstition Springs, 3 miles away
- Best Western Superstition Springs Inn, 4 miles away
- Super 8 Mesa/Phoenix Power and Main, 5 miles away
- Sleep Inn Mesa - Superstition Springs Center, 4 miles away
- Plus more [Note: Prices on map were as of 03/31/2018]
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the ‘About, Contact’ page if you have any questions on the info on this page.